Jan 16, 2009

Knitter Wanted



Finished making the shamrock granny type squares for the afghan I'm working on. All 180 of them! Now to tie a zillion knots and dab them each with a dot of fabric glue for good measure. Then whip stitch them all together and off it will go! This is a fundraiser project for Anthony Maleski ------>



I'm also working on a pair of mittens for a friend. A belated Christmas present. Yeah, my bad.

But the main reason for this post is this:

I'm looking for someone in my area willing to teach me how to knit in exchange for my teaching her (or him?) how to crochet. That would be the Cleveland, TN area. Or any of the surrounding towns here in our corner of Tennessee like Chattanooga, Ocoee, Benton, Athens, Charleston, Old Fort, Georgetown, Birchwood...



You see I've fallen madly in love with Cowichan Indian sweaters and Mary Maxim patterns of the same ilk. And I finally got my hands on the prize pattern of all of these patterns. The one titled "Hoedown" that features a square dancing couple.

Isn't it adorable?

I have my French angora rabbit producing all this wool that I'm saving up to spin into yarn but I lack one little thing. The knowledge to knit!

Teach me! Pretty pretty pretty please!

No comments: